The second annual Healthy Lifestyle Institute Summit will focus on “Transforming Lifestyle Research to Health and Well-Being.”
Timothy Church, chief medical officer at ACAP Health Consulting in Dallas and professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, La., will give the keynote address at the Dec. 6 event at the University Club.
Other discussions will include:
- Cutting-edge research opportunities for Pitt related to lifestyle and health.
- Perspectives to link biology, behavior and intervention opportunities to outcomes across different health-related conditions.
- Presentations by junior faculty who have been awarded Inaugural Pilot and Feasibility grants through the Healthy Lifestyle Institute.
- Announcements of future grants that will be available through the Healthy Lifestyle Institute in 2020.
- Community engagement initiatives that are underway through the Healthy Lifestyle Institute.
- Moving forward internally and externally with a Healthy Lifestyle coalition at Pitt — with implications for training grants, center grants, and program projects.
The summit is from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Dec. 6 and will include lunch. RSVP here.