TIAA Hosting Webinars and Workshops in June
Join TIAA for the following live webinars in June:
- Equally Prepared: Financial Planning for the LGBT Community on June 12 will teach you about the specific financial and legislative challenges faced by the LGBT community and potential solutions to address them.
- Postcards From the Future: A Woman’s Guide to Financially Ever After on June 12 will discuss how to overcome unique challenges women face in the workplace, as well as how to make your retirement dreams come true.
- Dismantling Myths About Annuities on June 13 will help you better understand what annuities are and how they work, as well as whether they should be a part of your overall financial plan.
You can register for these and all upcoming webinars on the Office of Human Resources’ Events page.
Home Run for Health Registration Is Open
Home Run for Health is back! Registration opened May 21 and ends June 8 and the challenge begins on Monday, June 11.
Once the challenge begins, you can set weekly activity goals that you can track by logging into your MyHealth account. For every 10,000 steps reached in a week, you earn a home run! The Home Run for Health challenge will take place through Sunday, August 13.
Faculty and staff with UPMC Health Plan coverage can register through their MyHealth Online account, accessible through my.pitt.edu. Find all information about the Home Run for Health challenge on the Human Resources’ website.
Brown Bag Event: Health Care in Retirement
The Office of Human Resources’ Benefits Department is hosting a brown bag lunch event, Your Health Care Options in Retirement, on Wednesday, June 13, at noon in the William Pitt Union Lower Lounge.
Speaker Bill McKendree of APPRISE (Pennsylvania’s State Health Insurance Assistance Program) will discuss the concerns and issues — and confusing landscape — individuals face regarding their health care benefits as they transition from career to retirement.
No registration is required to attend. Please bring your own lunch and join OHR on June 13.
Openings in Professional Development Workshops
Summer Faculty and Staff Development Program (FSDP) workshops will end on June 21. Registration is still open for a few more workshops, including the following:
- Interviewing Skills: Making a Good Impression on May 31 will teach you how to enhance your skills in interviewing for jobs.
- MyHealth Less Stress on June 7 will teach you how to tell good stress from bad stress, recognize the effects of stress and practice stress-relieving techniques.
- Fostering a Diverse and Inclusive Environment: The Why and How on June 19 will discuss how to build an inclusive workplace environment and how to make those you work with feel valued and included.
Learn how to register for these and all upcoming FSDP workshops on the Office of Human Resources’ FSDP webpage.