Thirteen faculty members in the natural sciences departments in the Dietrich School of Arts & Sciences were recently awarded the Discipline-based Science Education Research (Db-SERC) Leader Award.
This yearly award recognizes and celebrates the contributions to the Db-SERC faculty learning community and their active participation in many Db-SERC events during the past academic year.
The dB-SERC promotes and supports evidence-based approaches to teaching and learning in the natural sciences departments at the University of Pittsburgh. More information about Db-SERC can be found here.
Db-SERC Leader award winners (2017-2018 year):
- Danielle Andrews-Brown, Geology and Environmental Science
- Meghan Bechman, Biological Sciences
- Sean Garrett-Roe, Chemistry
- Joe Grabowski, Chemistry
- Kirill Kiselyov, Biological Sciences
- Barbara Kucinski, Psychology
- Jim Mueller, Physics and Astronomy
- David Nero, Physics and Astronomy
- Kim Payne, Biological Sciences
- Welkin Pope, Biological Sciences
- Jackie Powell, Chemistry
- Katie Sinagoga, Biological Sciences
- Kyle Whitinghill, Geology and Environmental Science
Correction: An earlier version of this article referred to Danielle Andrews-Brown as "Danielle Anderson-Brown." The article has been changed to reflect the correct spelling.