A search committee has been named to find a replacement for Pitt–Greensburg President Sharon Smith, who will retire in June 2019.
The committee members are all members of the Pitt–Greensburg campus, except chairman Joseph McCarthy, vice provost for Undergraduate Studies, and Dr. Jack D. Smith, chairman of orthopedics for Excela Health.
Other members include:
- William H. Campbell, instructor, History and Religious Studies
- Ronna Colland, director of Finance & Risk Management
- Gary D. Hart, instructor, Mathematics
- Kayla Heffernan, assistant professor, Mathematics
- Pilar M. Herr, assistant professor, History
- Lori Jakiela, professor, Creative and Professional Writing
- Kevin Kara, president, Student Government Association
- Ron Ott, director, Healthcare Management
- Russell Phillips, associate professor, Psychology
- Troy W. Ross, director of Housing and Residence Life
- Stacey Triplette, associate professor, Spanish and French
- Frank Wilson, assistant professor, Sociology
The committee will hold an open forum meeting to allow members of the community to provide input into the search process. Additional information about the open forum will be provided as soon as possible.
Pitt community members and friends also are invited to share thoughts and feedback regarding the next president through a Community Survey.